Monday, April 23, 2012

On a walk today

and I started out with my little sidekick Meg but she pooped out and had to hitch a ride. I had my camera with me and couldn't keep my mind from thinking. I decided, why not take shots of all the signs I see with the letters A R T in them.....
Crazy as this sounds, it was fun seeing the different letter styles, etc.
A man came out of the building where I was taking photos (in a fancy suit) and asked me "What are you doing? Can I help you?" After explaining, I'm sure he thought I was a bit crazy but was relieved to know I wasn't taking shots for an insurance company or taking sneaky photos of his building.
That's me on the left.
more signs
Cherry blossoms in bloom.
Signs where you find the A R T letters.
Love this word...so random.
This isn't me.
But this is...shadow on the bridge.
more letters
Love this.
Great patterns
Here's a tough one...unscramble
After taking all of these photos, I began to think that maybe those with the letters A R T in their names should have art inside their buildings.
Then realizing that my name doesn't have a T in it, I would need to do some changing of my name to make this rule happen.....I'm now thinking of a middle name for myself starting with a T. Suggestions?

2 comments:

ohboyhowdy said...

I don't know you - so please take no offense as this is supposed to be funny.
A French middle name:
T'Art

helvi smith said...

I do not know you and intend no offense with this offering of a middle name for you.

I was thinking along the lines of a fancy French middle name of:

T' Art

as in:
"To art!"

not as in:
tart

About Mary Lou Zeek

My photo
We represent Northwest artists working in a variety of media including painting, sculpture, works on paper, ceramics, jewelry and mixed media. Our second gallery features exhibitions on a monthly basis, as well as selected group shows and special exhibitions. To arrange an appointment, please call 503-581-3229 or email; mzeek@comcast.net During our years of operating, we have successfully encouraged the broadening and blossoming of the Salem art scene. We are dedicated to serving our clients as well as our artists. The relationships that we cultivate with our clients and our artists have been and will continue to be long and rewarding. We encourage you to take the time to be acquainted with us and take the time to appreciate the art we enjoy so much.